I am from your future.

Gilmer

am back in 2008. I must give you a dire warning, however: watch out for the psuedoscience that is Dianetics. It will grow much stronger in the coming years, however, it will fizzle out when people come to their senses.

Gosh, Gilmer. It never occured to me that the founder of Dianetics, L. Ron Hubbard a sci-fi novelist, might have been pulling his cult followers' legs.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way in which ordinary everyday humans of the year 2008 can achieve Physical time travel?

In a word, no. For not-so-ordinary humans, like physicists, the year 2508 won't be much better.

The problem isn't as much a matter of not being able to time travel as it is a matter of having no viable theory of time travel. There is no current theory of physics based on the "real" world around us that says time travel, other than relativistic time travel to the future (Special Relativity), is possible.

In other words, aside from theories that depend on unrealistic circumstances idealized specifically for the theory, we don't know if time travel is even possible in this universe.

Re: BUSH: 'unacceptable'

There will be a meteor shower tonight.

You Right:devil::

spacer.png

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Russia's "brutal escalation" of attacks against the former Soviet republic of Georgia has jeopardized Russia's relationship with the United States and European nations, President Bush told reporters Monday after returning from his trip to Asia.

President Bush tells reporters that Russia was damaging its standing in the world.

President Bush tells reporters that Russia was damaging its standing in the world.

Click to view previous image

1 of 2

Click to view next image

more photos »

"Such an action is unacceptable in the 21st century," he said.

World powers have urged Russia to agree to an immediate cease-fire with Georgia and accept international mediation on the crisis in South Ossetia, as the international community sought to head off all-out war between the two.

Bush said evidence suggests Russia may be preparing to depose Georgia's government.

"Russia must reverse the course it appears to be on and accept this peace agreement as a first step in resolving this conflict," Bush said.

Earlier Monday, as Russian warplanes launched fresh raids and the central Georgian city of Gori was falling to Russian troops, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice spoke by telephone with most of the foreign ministers belonging to the Group of Eight leading industrialized nations.

The G-8 consists of the U.S., Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Canada, Japan and Russia. Russia, which officially joined the group in 1998, was absent from Monday's discussions.

more at:

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/11/us.georgia/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

The conflict in Georgia will continue to affect you...the outcome of the election will have been permanently shifted by the candidate's reactions to this. Two of the current candidates (one who is very unexpected) will rise to wider popularity, while another will ultimately lose much of his support.

The conflict in Georgia will continue to affect you...the outcome of the election will have been permanently shifted by the candidate's reactions to this. Two of the current candidates (one who is very unexpected) will rise to wider popularity, while another will ultimately lose much of his support.

How...ummm...insightful. Can I get the pumper sticker for this piece of post-modern philosophy?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Juäßgen essen J'ai hören nicht auf mäßng Määteän n'coutent pas des gens comme

celui qui vous dieses erklärt.

-Colonel Amber Stilgenborg

in the year 4,076

Ron Paul was the candidate who rose to wider popularity.

The current president lost much of his support.

I am leaving for 2012 tomorrow to watch the truly historic presidential election firsthand!

Ron Paul was the candidate who rose to wider popularity.

The current president lost much of his support.

I am leaving for 2012 tomorrow to watch the truly historic presidential election firsthand!

Good. Then come back here the day after tomorrow and tell us who won. Awww heck, since you are a time traveler, why not come back a day before you posted this and let us know, OK? ;)

In the meantime you won't mind if I move this over to the TT claims forum, right Herr Gilmer? :D

RMT

• 4 weeks later...

if you travel in time you may send e-mails to the people in different time. I've seen few messages here that people asked you how to send the message to the past. you did not answer to them. how about sending me e-mail in May 2010. it's just few months back. there are a few evidences that people received messages from the future. it means that it will be possible to do it in the future. if you are the real time traveler it would be very easy to do that