The Time Traveler's wife.

pamela

Re: The Time Traveler's wife.

Well the movie isn't real either Rainman. However that's what this thread was about.

If you don't want to talk about it fine it doesn't matter to me.

Well there is always that 1 or 2 people that want to ruin it for everyone else. I want to say for the record that this thread was thoughtfully created has tast and was very well done. I enjoyed the subject matter and the brain exercise. I can,t wait to see the movie. I did not even know about the movie until this thread came along.

We would not have the science and understanding of our universe today had it not being for brain exercises. There is just so much a super computer and advance math can do. The magic of being human is that the human mind can grasp so much more than what a super computer and advance math can tell us.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Time Traveler's wife.

A good fictional twist may have been if in the event he did leave - her mind then would tap into the superconscious out of the adrenaline produced when she 'panics' and looks for him frantically.

Once tapping into the superconscious her subconscious (most likely in the fictional sense performing the entire process) uses 'super energy' in conjunction to her perception of the world and the synapses firing off in her mind would then communicate via the superconscious and he would then subtly according to a process of the subconscious reappear in that sense.

However the very 'ironic twist' would be that over time 'if' the original person where to reappear or disappear back into the time travelling sense - the wife (or direct participant to the events) would be maintaining on some low communication heartbeat - the entire process once initiated, making for not only interesting events when the person arrives - but as well when the manifestation is simply that of the 'superconscious', her feelings and subconscious would bias and dictate some of the actions of the 'materialized' version.

(After re-reading that odd idea, I did realize it sounded a bit like Carl Jung meets the Holodeck, but I still thought it was interesting fiction nonetheless ^^)