The Other John

recall15

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twilight,

It appears that John-1 and John-2 are references to the original John Titor who faxed Art Bell with an early pre-Y2K version of the Saga on 29-JUL-1998 and again on 12-OCT-1998 and the John Titor who appeared first on the IRC with Yariesa (Shana) on 12-OCT-2000 before appearing here on 2-NOV-2000.

So the dates that appear in the table, 29-JUL-1998, 12-OCT-1998 and 12-OCT-2000 are known dates relative to the Titor Saga. I recognized those dates immediately. The rest? I'd have to look at the posts on those dates to see what they might relate to. I'd have to be pretty motivated to take the 15 minutes to look them up, which I'm not right now.

So the dates that appear in the table, 29-JUL-1998, 12-OCT-1998 and 12-OCT-2000 are known dates relative to the Titor Saga.

Hmm...one wonders what Titor was up to in the intervening 2 years. One thing I've never seen made clear.......did people know about the earlier ( Art Bell ) stuff while Titor was posting here ? Or was that only discovered later.

From what I can remember, I don't recall any Titor reference here to 1998. And the 'official' Titor website makes no mention of the Art Bell fax or anything prior to November 2000.

I wish I could find the posts that I myself posted back then ( or not long after )....but I've long since forgotten what name I used. There used to be quite a few posts by me on the topic, either here or at the Anomalist.

Hmm...one wonders what Titor was up to in the intervening 2 years. One thing I've never seen made clear.......did people know about the earlier ( Art Bell ) stuff while Titor was posting here ? Or was that only discovered later.

We realized it shortly after he stopped posting. Remember that Titor's other site where he was posting on was Art Bell's old BBS "Post-2-Post." Pamela and I remembered a "Time Traveler Call-In" segment on Coast-2-Coast where a caller had a very similar story. The immediate problem was that Bell had shut down his website a few weeks after Titor stopped posting. The show archives were no longer available.

The reason that we recalled the "call" was because it occured during his first show back after his initial "retirement".

It took a couple of weeks but we were able to recover the show logs and pulled up, not the calls, but the two faxes that Art read on the air.

The faxes were enlightening because they tell the story pre-Y2K for us but had he been a time traveler it was 36 years after Y2K for him. None of his Y2K calamities occured though the details of his gadget, where he came from, etc. were exactly the same as in 2000. His Y2K disasters were exactly the same line that every Art Bell Y2K nut was giving, especially frequent guest Y2K-Nut Gary North.

Also interesting was that after all the hoopla in the 2000-2001 story about how he needed to remain completely anonymous to protect his family and himself...he included a return address in his fax to Bell so that Bell could mail him a return envelope for Titor to send him all of the paper props.

Last parapgraph frpm show transcript:

BELL: (reading from fax) "If you wish to contact me I will be happy to share with you the nature of time , the physics of time travel and some of the events of your future." (Bell in an aside: God I hadn't read this earlier) Please send a return package to (another aside: and he gives the number.)

Bell didn't share the address with the audience but he did and probably still does have access to it.

So much for all the security. Bell had his IPs, his return fax number and his snailmail address. We know that Bell had caller ID activated because his retirement was due to very serious threats made by Filipino terrorists against his wife and himself. He was actively monitoring for and attempting to identify the people behind the threats.

Hmm. Makes a lot more sense now, why the 'official' Titor web site makes no mention of the Art Bell stuff.

But there must have been some trigger in 2000 that caused Titor to return to the story...after a break of 2 years. Also, he must have known that there would likely be people who might remember his earlier appearances.

It would not surprise me if Titor is still around, though of course he now has to keep up the illusion of having 'gone home'.

His Y2K disasters were exactly the same line that every Art Bell Y2K nut was giving, especially frequent guest Y2K-Nut Gary North.

The whole Y2K thing was as hyped up as Titor's hoax. Most software was fixed long before the date. I myself was involved in one such project as far back as 1990. Primarily because even at that stage there was a requirement for software to be registered as 'Y2K compliant' ( auditors would check so ). Nobody was leaving it to the last minute.

So even as the media spun tales of doom and gloom in the late 90s, the 'problem' had actually disappeared some years before. By the time Titor posted to Art Bell, there was very little left still to fix. Something Titor should have known if he really was a computer person.

But there must have been some trigger in 2000 that caused Titor to return to the story...after a break of 2 years.

Just my guess but there were probably two triggers. First the obvious trigger. The 2000 general election. He came on this site a few hours before the polls opened on 2-NOV-2000 - a play into the conspiracy theories. The less obvious trigger is "public short term memory". It had been long enough since 1-1-2000 and 1998 that Group Titor may have thought that no one would remember the original pre-Y2K faxes and how they failed to correctly forecast the "event". (1) By November of 2001 there were few Y2K discussions going on but there was some discussion re Iraq War #1 because it was still a hot air war. We were flying hundreds of interdiction sorties weekly but the Clinton Administration kept it quiet and off the front page.

(1) From his first fax to Art Bell:

"Now for the future you might want to know about..Y2K is a disaster . Many people die on the highways when they freeze to death trying to get to warmer weather. The gov. tries to keep power by instituting marshal law but all of it collapses when their efforts to bring the power back up fail. "

"Now for the future you might want to know about..Y2K is a disaster . Many people die on the highways when they freeze to death trying to get to warmer weather. The gov. tries to keep power by instituting marshal law but all of it collapses when their efforts to bring the power back up fail. "

You know, the sentence structure here doesn't seem the same as in some of the other Titor material. Is it possible that this is an email from some other writer? There's the typical "marshall law" mistake seen so often at GLP. The message itself is thoughtless. Why would someone die on the highway even if power and natural gas failed? I don't want this to sound unfair, but this email sounds suspiciously like something HDRkid would write.

(Of course HDRkid would have been in diapers at this date, but maybe he/she is unduly precocious. )

;)

Here's the full fax - July 29th 1998 :-

" Dear Art ,

I had to fax when I heard other time travelers calling in from any time past the year 2500 AD.

please let me explain....

Time travel was invented in 2034 off shoots of certain successful fusion reactor research allowed scientists at CERN to produce the worlds first contained singularity engine.

The basic design involves rotating singularities inside a magnetic feild. By altering the speed and direction of rotation you can travel both forward and backward in time.

time itself can be understood in terms of connected lines. When you go back in time you travel on your original time line when you turn the singularity engine off a new time line is created due to the fact that you and your time machine are now there.

In other words a new universe is created. To get back to your original line you must travel a split second farther back and immediately throw the engine into forward without turning it off.

some interesting outcomes of this are: you meet yourself I have done it often even taken a younger version of myself along for a few rides before returning myself to the new timeline and going back to mine.

You can alter history in the new universe that you have just created. Most of the time the changes are subtle. the oldest one was a sky scraper that don't exist in New York. Interestingly when you travel in time you must compensate for the orbit of the Earth since the time machine doesn't move you have to adjust the engine so you remain on the planet when you turn it off.

Now for the future you might want to know about..Y2K is a disaster . Many people die on the highways when they freeze to death trying to get to warmer weather. The gov. tries to keep power by instituting marshall law but all of it collapses when their efforts to bring the power back up fail.

A few years later communial government system is developed after the constitution takes a few twists.

China retakes Tiawan

Isreal wins the largest battle for their life.

and Russia is covered in Nuclear snow

from their collapsed reactors. "

There can be little doubt this is Titor

Now for the future you might want to know about..Y2K is a disaster . Many people die on the highways when they freeze to death trying to get to warmer weather. The gov. tries to keep power by instituting marshall law but all of it collapses when their efforts to bring the power back up fail.

What about Y2K + 10

WHY you may ask?

The answer is here in plain text...

quoted:

American Resistance Radio

Russian Military Analysts are reporting to Prime Minister Putin that US President Barack Obama has issued orders to his Northern Command's (USNORTHCOM) top leader, US Air Force General Gene Renuart, to 'begin immediately' increasing his military forces to 1 million troops by January 30, 2010, in what these reports warn is an expected outbreak of civil war within the United States before the end of winter.

end quoted

http://freedomfighterradio.net/?p=12655#more-12655

:eek: :eek: :eek:

recall,

What about Y2K + 10

WHY you may ask?

The answer is here in plain text...

quoted:

American Resistance Radio

Russian Military Analysts are reporting to Prime Minister Putin that US President Barack Obama has issued orders to his Northern Command's (USNORTHCOM) top leader, US Air Force General Gene Renuart, to 'begin immediately' increasing his military forces to 1 million troops by January 30, 2010, in what these reports warn is an expected outbreak of civil war within the United States before the end of winter.

end quoted

Are you now descending so low that you are advocating armed resistance against the US government? I mean, it totally suits your subversive nature, so it is not out of character, even for someone as wacked as Creedo. But I am just asking questions!

RMT

Are you now descending so low that you are advocating armed resistance against the US government? I mean, it totally suits your subversive nature, so it is not out of character, even for someone as wacked as Creedo.

RMT:

Ira furor brevis est?

Nah!!!

i´m just quoted information...already on WWW

nah'mean ?

LOL

Ipsa scientia potestas es

:devil:

Man, I have to come see this garden some day. It seems pretty crowded...do you actually grow viable fruits and veggies in it, or is it just a hang-out for supernatural beings???

Actually I'm about the laziest gardener imaginable......which I get away with by calling my garden an, er....wildlife reserve. I figure all those weeds and nettles at the end of it are doing their bit for CO2 reduction.

Fact is, though, that the birds much prefer the trees at the end of my garden to those of the neighbours. Which is not surprising as the insect population is probably higher.

And of course....everyone knows that leprechauns love such conditions too.

PB,

You know, the sentence structure here doesn't seem the same as in some of the other Titor material. Is it possible that this is an email from some other writer?

Sure, it's possible that some other writer sent the two faxes to Art Bell. But that doesn't help the Titor Case. If someone else sent the faxes and never followed up, leaving Group Titor to do it, then the scenario becomes one of yet another OETWO. Group Titor just ran with someone else's two year+ idea.

BTW: It wasn't HDRKid. The Kid graduated fdrom High School in 2005 or 2006. Take that back to 1998 and he would have been 10 or 11 years old. The faxes were not sent to Art Bell by a 5th grader.