Greetings from a Parallel Earth *DELETED*

churchhead

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Greetings from a Parallel Earth

As a non-scientist, I have not come here to share scientific information

Same old excuse. Great cop-out for not being able to explain how your time machine...or interdimensional travelling device.....actually works. As I think Darby said elsewhere, even a pilot has SOME idea how a plane works...

....a 'pyramidal device made of crystals' is kinda like saying an airplane is ' a tube with ellipsoidal appendages sticking out '.

I mean, I have never operated a jet engine....and never studied them for a living....yet I can tell you pretty accurately how a jet engine works. Something beyond just ' It's a cylindrical case with whirly stuff inside '.

My account is a bit different from other time travel accounts here in that I am not from this Earth's future, but rather from the future of a parallel Earth with a different past and future timeline.

I see.....and despite the fact that every language on Earth has evolved and changed and often even died out, somehow in the year 10,000 or whatever they still speak Queen's English as defined by the 9,845th edition of the Intergalactic Oxford Dictionary it seems !

Or did you borrow Scotty's universal translator ?

I never mentioned the year I am from on my Earth, nor do I use what is commonly referred to as "the Queen's English" on this Earth. I do try to use proper English, however, as I've noticed many posts from time traveler claimants here are written extremely poorly.

Lol.....sorry but you've already messed up your hoax. Whichever way one looks at it, your claim is that you live under a system that has maintained peace and enlightenment 'for thousands of years'...on an Earth with a different past and future to ours. Yet somehow, miraculously, the inhabitants of this counter-Earth managed to develop, and still use thousands of years in the future, the exact same Oxford English Dictionary !! Remarkable !

Then you claim that technology is kept to a minimum. I see, so spending billions on an interdimensional world hopper is keeping technology to a minimum ? I mean....that requires masses of associated technological businesses and infrastructure. It's not going to be developed by a bunch of new age hippies chanting 'Omm' in a commune somewhere !

And then of course there is your complete inability to provide any information on how your interdimensional device works. Ah yes.....the invariable ' I am not a scientist' excuse. I find it inconceivable that anyone could get in a device and have NO idea how it works. It is inconceivable that when you supposedly got asked to take the trip.....you never once thought to ask ' What the blazes is this thing, and how does it work ? '. I mean....they're about to SEND you in it....and you don't even get a basic user manual ???

Ye gods....I have a car battery trickle charger with a detailed technical spec.....yet advanced societies are sending people across space and time with no more than a sheet of bog paper in case they crap themselves.

My account is a bit different from other time travel accounts here in that I am not from this Earth's future, but rather from the future of a parallel Earth with a different past and future timeline.

Your account is, actually, precisely the same as just about every other would-be time traveler that has posted here. Alternate "worldline" is the norm, not the exception.

On "my" Earth, the total population is around 2 billion people. We have no large cities, but have decided to live communally in groups of no more than 500 people.

This is Titor Revisited with the exception of your view having one billion fewer people.

Hi churchhead, welcome. :)

On the Earth from which I come, technology is advanced, but the use of our technology is kept at a minimum to avoid the technological problems so prevalent on this Earth

So what kind of technological devices would people use frequently in your world? Do people have TVs for example? Do they have stereos/CD players? Can they watch TV and listen to music and play video games in their spare time, should they wish to?

Hopefully people are allowed to use those items, as they do bring much entertainment to people here. What kind of TV shows do you have in your world?

Also: you say you are very spiritual. Do you know much about mediumship? I attend a spiritualist church and aim to be a medium one day.

It's not going to be developed by a bunch of new age hippies chanting 'Omm' in a commune somewhere !

Ah, Allen Ginsberg used to sometimes chant that to calm himself down in stressful situations. He was a famous beat poet, in case you don't know of him. 1926 - 1997.

Hello Danu,

Since your'e from some alternate timeline, I would like you to read through this article;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_world

And tell me exactly where we "went wrong".

Oh, and my guess would be it happened about here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance

Also, you say you have tractors and solar panels and all kinds of fancy gizmos, that "are kept to a minimum" even though they seem to be everywhere by how you decribe it, but the real question is how do you manufacture effecient enough solar technology to provide energy to your whole community without any infrastructure or large cities to build them?

And these walk-in things you are describing, are you saying religious people let their bodies be possessed by Aliens?

On my Earth, we are content with the duties to which we feel called. I am a religious leader. Others are scientists. The fact that I need not know (nor do I really care) how the crystal pyramid that got me here works speaks to the peace that exists on our planet. I do not know how much the "machine" costs, but I do know that there are no corporate infrastructures that you speak of on our planet.

It saddens me to say it, but your post is more evidence of the dysfunction of this planet than the peace and inner-workings of mine.

A religious leader is the LAST person any group of scientists who developed an interdimensional travelling device would want to send ! Not the first.

I mean....come off it. The first man on the Moon was a test pilot, trained in every aspect of how the machine worked. He had to have nerves of steel, and be totally cool under immense pressure.....like he was just on a Sunday outing. Above all, he had to have a good mental grasp of flight dynamics to manually steer the craft down to the Moon.

Yet you're telling me that your scientists develop Interdimensional Travel Device Mark 1......and the first person they think of sending is your planet's equivalent of the Pope ??? And without even so much as basic flight training or a manual ?

And you yourself are not even curious how this amazing device works....and never asked any questions ?? Come off it !

It is patently obvious WHY you don't know how your machine works. You just don't have enough knowledge of science to be able to make up something believable.

As for my post being evidence of a dysfunctional planet.........no, it is evidence of a planet where a portion of people have considerable scientific knowledge and don't just take any old bullshit that comes their way at face value.

This is Titor Revisited with the exception of your view having one billion fewer people.

You could add to the 'Titor revisited' scenario the complete ignoring of any awkward questions or points that demonstrably PROVE it's a hoax.

For example my extremely good point about howcome an 'Earth' with 'thousands of years' of radically different history just happens to use bog standard early 21st century English ! The history of language is crucially dependent on the minutest of details, and social and technical developments. There is simply NO WAY that an Earth with thousands of years of different history would be using the 2010 Oxford Dictionary !

Yet, as with Titor, such points that completely prove the whole story a load of hogwash are just brushed aside. It is similar to the way Titor never answered how he got a black hole weighing millions of tons onto the back seat of a Chevy.....or Rainman's excellent question about howcome his photo of the unit bending light ONLY bends the laser beam and not any other light in the pic.

In fact...when such questions are ignored.....that in itself is all the proof one needs that it is a hoax.

Knowing how a time travel mechanism works will not save this Earth

Lol....no but it's about the ONLY thing that will rescue your hoax.

I find it totally unbelievable that you supposedly get sent to us in some device of which you haven't the faintest idea how it works. That not one scientist said to you at the departure gate....' This is a plasmoidal decoherence interface vectoring device ' or some such jargon. That you weren't even given the NAME of the device......and were left to tell us ' er, pyramidal crystally thing'....lol !

It is patently obvious, with 99.999999% probability, that the reason you cannot give details of your device is because there isn't one.

Those who farm in our communities use solar-powered tractors and reapers.

Solar powered tractors? To till the land? Le'see - if your tractor has virtually 100% efficient solar panels, about two square meters of them, you'll generate, oh 300 watts. Enough to light three 100 watt light bulbs for 24 hours. How much does that tractor weigh and how many acres of dirt mass does it bust up per day? Even if the electric motor outputs zero heat loss and converts all 300 watts to useful work? On rainy days does it have a wind power conversion kit?

In your self described 18th Century farm co-op society do they teach basic physics in school? Ever think about using an ox to pull the tractor? They eat a lot of food and output a ton of ox crap but you can always use the dried crap to make a fire in the fireplace.

And speaking of crap...

I see.....and despite the fact that every language on Earth has evolved and changed and often even died out, somehow in the year 10,000 or whatever they still speak Queen's English as defined by the 9,845th edition of the Intergalactic Oxford Dictionary it seems !

Why even in their completely different world of spirituality and everlasting peace where indiviiduality appears to be a sin they not only use the same King;s English - they even use the same idioms. Imagine that.

so if you are looking for technological knowledge, I am afraid to say I will not be of much use.

"I'm afraid to say". An English idiom that defies transliteration. Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the many world universe, s/he walks into mine speaking local English. Go figger.

I am the first of our race that has ever traveled to another timeline. Our Central Council, the ones who sent me here, did so only with the express intention of spiritual mission. Because the timeline of this Earth is different from the timeline of my Earth, it would be impossible (and futile) for me to say with certainty where this Earth went wrong, but I can venture some guesses based on spirituality. Having studied this Earth's history in depth, there were many "turning points" at which humans or groups of humans made wrong decisions. The most important of these, in my opinion, were the following: (1) The establishment of any and all divisive theocracies; (2) Especially the establishment of the Roman Catholic Church and it's marriage to Constantinian government; (3) The establishment of any and all sovereign geographical borders (which can only lead to war); and (4) The Industrial Revolution.

1) You assert there was never a Catholic Church

2) There then was no Church sponsored trade with the Far East

3) There were no rats brought back to Europe from Asia

4) There was no Bubonic Plague

4) There was no massive die out in England

5) There was no Great Vowel Shift, which defined the beginning of Modern English

6) Henceforth, thou shaltest speak in olde english.

1) You assert that you had no industrial revolution.

2) None of the technology you are describing is possible.

1) You assert that you live in small communities, that are generally isolated

2) You assert you live a closed circuit society that is under a single religion with no defined borders.

3) You assert borders and religion cause war.

4) You should have no war

5) Communications technology was a developed in wartime for war purposes.

6) You should have no communications technology

7) You assert you have a global government

8) You assert these government oficials are democratically elected

9) Democratic Global elections and global governance would be impossible without a vast communications infrastructure

10) Therefore, your government is impossible.

1) You assert there was no Catholic Church, which you have determined was the conversion of Constantine to Christianity on his deathbed

2) Christians continue to be persecruted, until they are extinct without the support of Roman.

3) Next would fall judaism and Islam without the strong wall the Catholics provided between the German invaders and the Palestinians.

4) Ultimately without Catholic defense The Norwegians would have conquered England, and been able to spread to mainland europe

5) The remaining religions are Norse, Hindu, various German tribal religions, and Eastern Mythos.

6) The Norse and Germans would clash

7) The germans would be able to hold back due to there home feild advantage

8) Eastern Invaders like Genghis Khan would easily crush the germans

9)The main super powers of the world would now be The Mongols, India and the Norse.

10) Norse and chinese would clash, Mongols would win and ultimately destroy the Norse.

11) India falls

12) Africa is not advanced enough to defend against the mongols, and is conquered.

13) The entire old world is controlled by the war hungry mongols.

14) You assert that this Somehow transforms into a utpoian society.

15) I assert you're a person from this universe who didnt quite remember the Mongols when you decided that it'd be a good idea to remove the Catholic church from history.

Our society is not against science, and when I say it is not used widely, I mean it is not wasted or used beyond need, and it is not based on fossil fuels or other possibly contaminating substances. How the solar energy is harvested is a question beyond my area of expertise or purpose, but I can say most of the panels are extremely large (we have more than enough land for these since most land is undeveloped) and are located outside of the community centers.

Alien folklore and belief is very different on our Earth than it is here. I suppose you could call walk-ins our priests and priestesses work with "aliens," but they are not alien to us in the sense of being foreign or unknown. We know more spiritually advanced races exist throughout this and other universes, so it is not a mystery to us although it is mystical.. One more thing about our religion: it is not theocratic in the least. Though the religion is what our government is based upon, we have no "punishments" or "limits" for those who disagree or believe in no Source at all. Those who wish participate in the religious ceremonies; those who do not are not required to.

No, I don't mean how your solar panels work, I mean how are they manufactured at all. 

Do you have solar powered factories that make more solar panels that run completely automatically while you all read and take strolls in the countryside?

There has to have been some kind of progress from laterns to solar power, and because you've described your society as uncurious and utopian, there is no motivation to get anything done, so i dont undestand how that much advancement came about.

What I meant by aliens are things from other planets, if that clarifies things.

We've been hearing so much about your religion, but you really havent told us much about it except that it acts nothing at all like a religion. Could you please give more detail on it?

And finally, is there atheism in your society and if so, is it tollerated?