Greetings from a Parallel Earth *DELETED*

churchhead

Re: Greetings from a Parallel Earth

I wasn't basing your solar-powered systems on our solar-powered systems. Quite the contrary and I did make that very clear. I said that assuming you got 100% efficiency and had a 2 square meters of solar panels that you would generate 300 watts of electricity. On the surface of the Earth facing the sun (at noon actually) the solar energy that reaches the surface is about 160 watts/m^2. At 100% efficiency your tractor has a bit over 300 watts available from the panels. It's quite impossible to get 100% efficiency but I allowed you to have it in any case.

Yes, the idea of a solar powered tractor is actually quite laughable. But even more so....I'd love to know how his 'Earth' gets by without the use of plastics.....ALL of which are derived from that fossil fuel called oil.

I mean...what are his 'radios' made of ? Cast iron ? Take any electrical component apart and you will find a great deal of plastic inside ( not to mention the casing ). Plastic is everywhere...it is ubiquitous. Technological society could not exist without it.

The idea that a 'modern' society evolved without the use of fossil fuels is quite preposterous. It's all very well him arguing that his trains run on electromagnetic levitation.....but the discovery of electromagnetism was a DIRECT result of the industrial revolution and the use of steam power.

It is no coincidence that the Standard International unit of power, especially for electricity...the Watt....is named after James Watt, whose primary work was on steam engines. It is no exageration to say that without Watt's invention of the steam engine 'condenser' there would BE no modern society....for it was THAT invention which unleashed the true power of the steam engine.

And, it was scientific consideration of the nature of steam that led to the discovery of atoms and electromagnetism. People were ONLY interested in such matters because there was a desperate need to make things more energy efficient and thus reduce costs. As has always been the case....scientific discovery was led by business needs.

Modern society simply would not exist without the steam engine. It is the reason the Greeks ( who knew about steam power ) never became a technological society. They simply never grasped the true power latent in steam.

And of course, it was steam powered engines that drove the trains, ships, tractors, etc of much of the industrial revolution. Oil actually took over quite late on in the game.

The notion of an advanced technological society developing...without ever having used fossil fuels....is quite frankly a load of b*ll**ks.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The foundation of your argument applies to technological development on this Earth, which has nothing to do with technological development on my Earth. This point has been re-hashed again and again in a few of our former posts with one another.

No that's complete nonsense. Whatever the history of your planet.....there are certain basic fundamentals to the way things evolve. And this is where your badly thought out story is TRULY caught out !!.........

For example, the whole reason why the 'green' movement is a fairly recent thing is because for much of the industrial revolution people did not KNOW about the effects on the world.

Why, for example, would a 19th century factory owner give a damn about polluting the atmosphere with CO2....when he does not even KNOW that CO2 exists ?? Your absurd world gets the cart totally before the horse. Why should your society start out 'green'.....WITHOUT the scientific knowledge of what is green and what isn't ???

And how do you suppose that knowledge comes about....huh ? How do you get to discover that CO2 even exists, without an industrial revolution that uses the damned stuff !

I find it quite laughable that one day your scientists just happened to come along and say ' Hey guys - better not use that coal stuff or that oil stuff as they will add CO2 to our atmosphere '.......without there ever having been an industrial revolution that forced the science of such discoveries.

MANY of the discoveries of chemistry, for example, were ONLY made as a direct result of massive industrial scale usage. They COULD NOT have come about any other way !

And to argue that you jumped straight to using solar power, without any of the intermediary steps in between, is about the most laughable thing I have heard in a long time. What powered the first factories that made the solar power units ???? Huh ? You can't answer ' solar power units'.

The answer to this conundrum is ceramic. Heat production does not require fossil fuels.

As Darby has already pointed out, you haven't the faintest idea of the LIMITED power gained from a solar power unit. Solar power is actually a very inefficient means of energy production compared with the huge energy potential in fossil fuels. THAT is why cars run on petrolium and not solar power !

Your story is just LAUGHABLE. You would have us believe that 'solar powered' excavators dig up the sand from which the silicon for solar power units is obtained. Rubbish ! Solar power can barely run a bicycle ! You would have us believe that tons of this material are sent to the glass factories...by solar powered trains. Have you ANY idea of how much power is required to haul a 1000 ton locomotive ?

And then there's all the other components of the solar power unit. Which includes plastic ! You are clearly oblivious to the fact that MOST wires are coated in plastic ( actually PVC....poly vinyl chloride ). Derived from oil ! And also, because over 50% of the mass of PVC is chlorine....it also derived from the MASSIVE chlorine industry...which was one of the first industries of the industrial revolution.

So your entire planet must be full of devices with NO electrically resistant coating on the wires !

Oh dear.....you really did not think out your story at all well before you came on with it.

There are various ways societies can become aware of the ill-effects of certain energy sources beyond trial and error. In our society, guidance by "spirit guides" helped us avoid the mistakes that have been made on this Earth. But I assume any spiritual explanation of the way my Earth works will be rejected on the spot by you. I regret this, but there really is nothing I can do to change it.

I see....and do the 'spirit guides' somehow manage to coat your planet's wires with some magic substance to prevent you all getting electrocuted ?

The reason that I KNOW you are talking complete rubbish is because I know how industry works. Something like a solar power unit is the end result of hundreds of different industries. Silicon, steel, zinc, chlorine, carbon, and many many others. It is NOT manufactured in a little cottage industry somewhere !

Steel, for example, uses carbon. And where do you think that carbon comes from ??? Yeah....fossil fuels !

So your planet clearly does not have steel, and all your devices are just left to quickly rust. And as for buildings, well, you clearly cannot have any large ones ( such as...er...factories to make your solar units ) as most large buildings use STEEL reiniforcement. In fact, it is well nigh impossible to imagine an advanced society without steel !

And what the hell are your trains made of ???

But you CANNOT have steel.....because you have no fossil fuel industry.

If I were you I'd give up while the going's bad. It can only get worse.

Ceramics and crystalline technology allow for more efficiency. I am tiring of repeating myself, and as stated in the op, my expertise is not technological, so I am sure to disappoint in any technologically-oriented conversation. Again, my purpose here is primarily spiritual, and I have decided not to post any more replies to questions I have already answered to the best of my ability. I am happy, however, to answer any new questions to the best of my ability - primarily spiritually-oriented questions.

No you have NOT answered questions......you have just evaded them. The person tired of repeating themselves is me...for you have not properly answered a single question or issue that has been raised.

I have raised FUNDAMENTAL issues with your story. Issues that clearly show beyond any shadow of a doubt that you are making up a load of contrived bullshit. You have not given a single proper response to those issues.

All we get is some rather pathetic ' I don't know technology '. Too damned right you don't ! So you are oblivious to just what a load of rubbish your story is.

FUNDAMENTAL issues.....like how the hell your planet has plastics or steel ( or any of a host of other materials ) WITHOUT a fossil fuel industry.

Again, my purpose here is primarily spiritual, and I have decided not to post any more replies to questions I have already answered to the best of my ability. I am happy, however, to answer any new questions to the best of my ability - primarily spiritually-oriented questions.

The onus is on you to demonstrate that you are genuine.......not on others to prove that you are not. If you make tall claims, then YOU should be prepared to provide whatever evidence is required to substantiate them.

Otherwise, I'm affraid to say, you are just another crackpot sitting at his PC and making up wild stories.

I would have thought that the 'Council' on your home planet would have provided you with a little more EVIDENCE.......and at the very least told you that THIS 'Earth' is already full to the brim with deluded people who think they are from the planet Zargon and want to found a new religion !

Darby, why are you basing our solar-powered systems on the technology of this Earth's solar-powered systems? Again, technology is not my area of expertise, and I am aware how inefficient solar-powered energy is on this Earth, but that is what we use on my Earth.

It seems you cannot even read and understand. Darby said assume the solar panels are 100% efficient. In other words, he was not even using our "inefficient" solar panels (i.e. real ones you can make) in his analysis. He was assuming perfectly efficient solar panels...which there can be nothing better in your time/universe.

Because you have absolutely no clue about even basic science, you cannot understand that the basic physics used in Darby's analysis of your solar-powered plow proves that, even if the solar panels are 100% efficient, there is not enough solar power per square meter for such a device to possibly work! The only way it could work is if you used perfectly efficient solar panels (impossibility) and then you would need on the order of about 20,000 square feet of them to power said plow.

RMT

That is unless there is am amplified storage and output device.

You have no clue what you just said. You just made that up. I mean you are NOT a technical person, right, so how could you ever even know if what you just made up would really work? You wouldn't, and it wouldn't. Amplified storage, eh? How, exactly, do you amplify energy storage? Get a bigger bucket? LOL.

RMT

so how could you ever even know if what you just made up would really work?

His entire story is being made up as he goes along. He titles the post ' Greetings FROM a Parallel Earth '......then when caught out on that he changes it to he is not actually directly from there but was....er.....born on Earth like the rest of us. Yeah...right. Get ready for the spaceship behind the comet !

As for him not being a technical person.......that is why he hasn't a clue that fossil fuels are the primary ingredient of plastics. Most laymen have no idea that without fossil fuels there would be no plastics, steel ( to which carbon is added ), and so on. In other words, most of the MATERIALS of an advanced society come from fossil fuel derivatives.

He would not even have PVC to coat the wires in his world.

The majority of 'green' minded people are blissfully unaware of that. They sit there at computers for which fossil fuels played a HUGE part in the manufacture of.....and hypocritically rile against fossil fuels.

There was man named Jesus Christ, but Christianity as it exists on this Earth never developed on my Earth. He was simply a prophet of the Source.

No there wasn't....because your 'Earth' as you have described it is an impossibility.

You have been caught out on the technicalities of your world umpteen times. But like all those coming on here with a load of baloney.....you go into ' I'm not going to answer awkward questions' mode.....which is the ultimate cop out and sign that someone's story is bullshit.

We've seen it all here 100 times before. Time travel claimant comes on, full of themselves and their story. But they have not worked out their story properly....and soon get caught out with logical inconsistencies or just plain impossibilities ( like your solar power tractor or an advanced society without plastics or steel ).

So the time traveller goes into....' Oh, you nasty people questioning my story.....I am not going to answer such questions ' mode. What he REALLY means is he KNOWS his story has been seen to be full of crap......and realises that he'd better shut the hell up about technology before he gets ripped to shreds.

Trouble is....your bullshit story has ALREADY been ripped to shreds. It is already too late to rescue the hoax. Those with even the remotest level of scientific knowledge here can plainly see that your 'planet' is a load of baloney.

Most would-be time travellers give up at that point. Only the SERIOUSLY deluded carry on peddling their story regardless.

Crystals.

But, you are not a technical person (which is obvious), so you cannot possibly know that crystals do not have the energy density necessary to act in the manner you seem to be suggesting. Or are you just throwing this word out there hoping it covers for your complete inability to craft a viable story?

RMT

I am tiring of repeating myself, and as stated in the op, my expertise is not technological, so I am sure to disappoint in any technologically-oriented conversation.

you arent too good at technology, yet you figured out what a proxy is, and how to use it?

you have already slipped up so many times its not even funny.

so, whats your purpose, really? do you expect people to blindly follow you, with no proof whatsoever? i really dont post much anymore, but when i see someone thats so blatantly a con, i have to say something.

if you really are here for the purpose you say you are, you have to accept that you fail miserably. two wrongs do not make a right. that means a screwed up society doesent benefit from a leader that leads by deception.

the one thing you say you are trying to promote is the one thing you are destroying.

the options are:

A. you are on drugs.

B. you are trying to start a cult.

C. you are lonely.

E. you are trying to help people by what you think is a brilliant plan. it has major holes, yet you see none.

F. all of the above.

whichever issue you have, i hope you find a better way.

I mentioned before in so many words that our solar-powered devices work in tandem with crystalline storage and amplification, making the solar power we harvest more efficient.

And I gave the Devil his due and allowed 100% efficiency at collecting the solar energy and converting to electrical energy at 100% efficiency which is impossible but I allowed for it anyway. The sun's energy output on the surface of the Earth is ~160 watts per square meter. That's all there is, nothing more. At 100% efficiency I've allowed you to suck every last photon from the field and use all of it without any loss.

As I said: Idiot-Savant or Hosed.

I am offering an alternative to those who are interested in it, and are tired of the way this Earth operates.

And how's that working for you so far?

How about, instead of you lecturing us about how to run our world, we instead lecture you about how you should be running your world? Then, you go back and announce to your world that we have been elected Keeper of the Faith, that you have it all wrong and that those there who are tired of the way their Earth operates can adopt our ways?

And I'm assuming that the hippie-dippie Haight-Ashbury escapees have outlawed the petroleum industry so you don't even have Vaseline to easy the pain of the hosing.

Something tells me you are not a fan of the hippie culture...? ;)

I don't agree with everything about it but there are aspects of the hippie movement that I admire.

but I do have a duty to speak to the brokenness of this Earth's system.

And that's the arrogance. You have no such duty unless we, the people of this world, charge you with that duty. We haven't.

You are not one of us, we did not invite you here and we have never posed any threat of interacting with you. You're an imperialist. You're no different than the Old World theocrtatic monarchs who traveled the planet gathering colonies for the empire in the name of the Faith.