3 Faxes Sent to Art Bell??

NozeItAll

I have always had trouble reconciling the opening statement in what is known as fax 2 with the date of the original fax and the dates of Art Bell’s career. What has been assumed so far is that the original fax was sent on July 29, 1998 and ignored by Art Bell while he was still happily employed. Then another fax, which has been referred to as fax 2, was sent to Bell the day he unretired the second time and read over the air. Sounds simple enough.

But each time I read fax 2 that dates just didn’t add up. That is until I considered the possibility that there may have actually been 3 fax attempts, not 2. Please indulge me as I try to describe this.

Fax 1 sent on July 29, 1998 and ignored by Art Bell has the following opening:

I had to fax when I heard other time travelers calling in from any time past the year 2500 AD. Please let me explain.”

What is being called fax 2 and read over the air has this opening:

Dear Mr. Bell I am glad you’re back. I faxed this information to you the day before you left the air…......I had to fax when I heard the other time traveler calling in from the recent time past the year 2500 Ad. Let me explain. Mr. Bell I sent a fax with this opening on July 29 1998. As I said then I am a time traveler. I have been on this world line since April of this year and I plan to leave soon. Typically time travelers do not purposely affect the world lines they visit. However this mission is unusually long and I've grown attached to some of the people I have met here.”

If only 2 faxes were sent, then the two sentences underlined above contradict one another and do not agree properly with Art Bell’s career. But notice that the when the author wrote fax 2 on a particular date, he/she mentioned 2 additional dates (underlined sentences).

So we now have 3 dates; a) the date fax 2 was written and sent; b) the date a fax was sent to Bell the day before he left the air (first underlined sentence); c) the original fax sent on July 29 (second underlined sentence).

Here are Art Bell’s retirement / out-of-retirement dates (from Wikipedia):

Retired October 13, 1998

Returned October 28, 1998

Retired April 26, 2000

Returned February 5, 2001

Retired December 31, 2002

Returned September 27, 2003 (weekends only)

Retired July 1, 2007

So here is a summary of what I believe occurred with the faxes:

First Fax:

sent on July 29, 1998 and ignored by Bell

Second Fax:

sent on Oct 12, 1998 the day before Bell left the air for his first retirement on Oct 13, 1998 (first underlined sentence above in fax 2). Bell missed this version because he retired.

Third Fax:

Currently referred to as fax 2. Sent on October 28, 1998 the day after Bell returned from retirement the first time. This fax was the one eventually read over the air.

So here is what I think is actually the third fax (sent on Oct 28 and read over the air the same day) with comments added:

Dear Mr. Bell I am glad you’re back [returned from first retirement on Oct 28, 1998]. I faxed this information to you the day before you left the air [second fax sent on October 12, 1998 the day before Bell retired the first time on Oct 13, 1998]. I wanted to make sure it wasn't lost in the shuffle so I am sending a gift. If you've already seen this please accept my apologies if you choose to make this public please do not publish the fax number. I had to fax when I heard the other time traveler calling in from the recent time past the year 2500 Ad. Let me explain. Mr. Bell I sent a fax with this opening on July 29 1998 [first fax].

So let me know what you think (besides “who cares”).

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Daver,

The "Fax 1" "Fax 2" numbers were inserted by Pamela, not Art Bell. That was just to keep seperate the order of the faxes as received - as purported by Art Bell.

The ordering makes sense within the context. When Art left the air to "retire" he was not much interested in his radio show. His wife was a native Philipino. The muslim terrorists were doing their thing and Art had made what they considered a blasphemous comment against The Religion. There were death threats out against both himself and his wife so he left the air. Sometime during that time Boomer sent the first fax but it was not acknowledged on te air by Art. Did he receive it and read it then? WHo knows. Art is an entertainer, not a reporter, What he said on the air on 29-JUL-1998 may or may not have been factual...not that it maters, really.

Anyway,

The fax with the skyscraper reference was dated 29-JUL-1998 and here's the complete quote:

You can alter history in the new universe that you have just created. Most of the time the changes are subtle. the oldest one was a sky scraper that don't exist in New York .

There's nothing there that can possibly be read to be a "prediction" or a historical reference. It's just a statement from him stating that the "missing sykscraper" (not destroyered or built and taken down - it doesn't even say that it was ever built) scenario is common. WHere does he possibly get his "the most common one" reference from? All along he'd said that his sociaety had just invented time travel and that they'd only made a limited number of time trips over the course of less than 2 years?

This was one of his failings. Once he started posting most of the time he had the story well scripted. On other occassions it was obvious that, in order to address something interesting or a specific question, he made it up on the fly...and it was contrary to the overall story that he's already told. The fax scenarios were early scripts and pre-Y2K. He got Y2K entirely wrong. He was an Art Bell lsitener who all too quickly fell into the trap of listening to Gary North and parroting his take on Y2K.

Where does he get his ""the oldest one" reference from?

Thanks for the clarification Darby. I know you have posted this many times already.

But I always thought that the fax mentioning 911 was the one provided by the QFlux sock puppet and the one that you and Pamela found in the archive never mentioned 911.

Quoting Darby from John Titor Fake dated 06-03-2008: "I just dont know which fax was accurate. Qflux's fax could have been altered to show John knew about 911"

also...

Quoting Pamela Moore from 08-12-2007: "Someone deleted key words out to make it look like he knew about 911, or Art Bell changed it [later] to make it look like he didn't”.

Thanks for the clarification Darby. I know you have posted this many times already.

But I always thought that the fax mentioning 911 was the one provided by the QFlux sock puppet and the one that you and Pamela found in the archive never mentioned 911.

Quoting Darby from John Titor Fake dated 06-03-2008: "I just dont know which fax was accurate. Qflux's fax could have been altered to show John knew about 911"

also...

Quoting Pamela Moore from 08-12-2007: "Someone deleted key words out to make it look like he knew about 911, or Art Bell changed it [later] to make it look like he didn't”.

OK.

The skyscraper reference was in the 1998 fax. And the context has to be considered. He clearly wasn't talking about 911 (or at least our 911). The context concerned subtle changes

You can alter history in the new universe that you have just created. Most of the time the changes are subtle. The oldest one was a sky scraper that don't exist in New York. Interestingly when you travel in time you must compensate for the orbit of the Earth since the time machine doesn't move you have to adjust the engine so you remain on the planet when you turn it off.

Now for the future you might want to know about..Y2K is a disaster . Many people die on the highways when they freeze to death trying to get to warmer weather. The gov. tries to keep power by instituting marshal law but all of it collapses when their efforts to bring the power back up fail.

There's no mention of a not-so-subtle disaster that killed thousands of people. And then in the very next paragraph he gets it entirely wrong (re Y2K). In that paragraph he makes six specific "predictions":

1. Y2K is a disaster. Completely wrong.

2. Many people die (from Y2K disaster). Completely wrong.

3. People attempt to escape freezing weather by migrating to warmer weather. Completely wrong.

4. The government instititutes marshal law. Completely wrong.

5. The power grid fails. Completely wrong.

6. "It" all collapses when power cannot be restored (society? the government? attempt to keep order? All of the former?). In any case, completely wrong.

He also made a silly error in logic in the first paragraph. How the hell does someone "alter the history" of a univrerse "that you have just created"? You just now created that universe. It doesn't have a history.

Frankly, as I said in the previous post, Boomer was listening to and attempting to mimic Gary North, who was a frequent Art Bell doomer guest between 1998 and 2000, just a bit too much.

So, in two paragraphs he makes a vague statement that could just as easily have refered to the Statute of Liberty or the Empire State Building and gets six specific "predictions" completely wrong.

As to someone at Premiere Radio deleting key words in the two "real" faxes? No. The transcripts were taken from the live recording of the show. I don't care for Art Bell but he didn't go back and have a show tape edited. He may have dealt with fruitbats on his show but he's not a fruitbat. As it happens apparently no one seems to have made a copy of the recording but there's nothing that would have prevented that. One such edit being discovered by comparing recordings and Premiere Radio would have had a show host with zero credibility. The transcript was made in December 2002 at a time when Titor as a subject was absolutely DOA. People were still posting here and on Anomalies but beyond that the topic would be a few posts on a thread on a BBS that were mostly about laughing at the Believers. When Titor was posting on Bell's forum it was a minor topic given the size and number of daily posts there. There's no reason for Bell to have even thought to alter a show tape over a minor topic on his, by then, defunct BBS. The Titor topic only came back to light on Bell's show following the August 2003 Internet spam blitz publicizing The Book.

Anyway, as far as I have ever been able to discern there was no third fax. Fax #2, submitted just before he stopped posting, makes a direct reference to Fax #1 from 1998 and makes no mention of any other fax. That doesn't constitute absolute proof of no third fax. It's possible that there was and I haven't been able to find it. However, I'm no longer of a mind to even try - it's been 11 years. I don't particularly mind posting facts from my notes taken over the years ending in about 2008. But I just don't have the desire to start anew research into yester decade's used fish wrap when there's no longer any mystery in it for me to explore.

Noze,

There is more to the Titor story than meets the eye, Noze. Darby is not exactly being forthright with his statements. I would recommend taking his statements with a large grain of salt.

And of course, you stay in your world of generalities and provide precisely ZERO specifics to back up your claim. Well done. Next thing you know, you will offer up a link to google and say "it's all in here, read it and do some research.":rolleyes:

If you are going to call out Darby, you had better offer some specifics that can be falsified, otherwise we brand you "hit and run".

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

Darby, thanks for the super detailed explaination of the fax details. But I was not really disputing any interpretations or other information posted from the past. Nor was I disputing Pamela's labeling of the faxes as #1 and #2.

The purpose of this thread was to propose that there may have been 3 faxes sent to Bell as opposed to the popular assumption that only 2 faxes were sent.

Anyway, as far as I have ever been able to discern there was no third fax. Fax #2, submitted just before he stopped posting, makes a direct reference to Fax #1 from 1998 and makes no mention of any other fax. That doesn't constitute absolute proof of no third fax. It's possible that there was and I haven't been able to find it. However, I'm no longer of a mind to even try - it's been 11 years. I don't particularly mind posting facts from my notes taken over the years ending in about 2008. But I just don't have the desire to start anew research into yester decade's used fish wrap when there's no longer any mystery in it for me to explore.

The only weay the information in the popular fax 2 can be reconciled is if there are 3 faxes. Also, just because a 3rd fax was never mentioned or found by anyone does not mean there are only 2.

Please note that I am not suggesting that anyone go out of their way to look into this. You can simply inspect the text contained in fax 2 posted about and make a determination based on that. That's all. In my research, I am trying to collect the facts and get the story straight before I can reach closure.

And of course, you stay in your world of generalities and provide precisely ZERO specifics to back up your claim. Well done. Next thing you know, you will offer up a link to google and say "it's all in here, read it and do some research.":rolleyes:

If you are going to call out Darby, you had better offer some specifics that can be falsified, otherwise we brand you "hit and run".

RMT

While I do not normally seek out using forums to promote Conviction of a Time Travler, since Mr. RMT has been so kind as to invite it, I feel free to provide the links.

As requested:

Conviction of a Time Traveler (for a signed copy)

or alternatively, the book may be found on

Amazon.com

Mr. RMT, my evidence (in COATT) has been available for about 2 years now to anyone in search of the actual truth. While I don't expect you to avail yourself to all the information (both pro and con) that is now available (information that did not exist yet when Darby/you made your pronouncements of "HOAX!" without all the facts), there are others who are in search of the unvarnished truth. It is for them that the book with its reams of evidence was written.

And, to answer your claim that I "remain in generalities," I am exceedingly specific in the evidence that I provide in COATT. Truth be told, the book had to be cut DOWN to ~300 pages.

Mr. Noze,

I commend you on your research and critical thinking thus far. I was especially encouraged by your analysis of the facts/fax suggesting the existence of a third (as yet, undisclosed) communication from (whom we suspect was) Titor. I was also very encouraged to see that you were already aware that Fax2 had been modified when you made your initial post.

Don't you find it interesting that Mr. Darby did not mention his knowledge of the modification until AFTER YOU

mentioned it yourself in a follow-up post?

Do you still think Darby will be completely honest with you in your search for the "actual" truth?

I'm sure Mr. Darby may attempt to explain it away by claiming that "it wasn't important enough to mention," or some such backtracking. I would merely submit that the length of his post belies his false claim of disinterest. As you have likely already noticed in your research, Darby and others like him (Mr. RMT for example) are not interested in you finding the actual truth. He will withhold information from you, as you can plainly now see.

I'm sure Dirk would agree.

Mr. Noze, there is more to the faxes than meets the eye. Keep digging, there is more there to find.

Temporal Recon