Hi im interested to know about the future

Sally1136

How so? Let me speculate for a bit here, excuse me if it gets confusing.

So, I want to go back in time and get a copy of a book that Hitler burnt (This is just so that we don't end up getting confused with paradoxes, etc.). So, I set my time machine to send me back to the year 1920. My time machine sends me to 1920 in the exact spot I am standing in (So that we don't end up arguing about whether or not time machines can travel through time and space). I get out of my time machine, pick up my book and then return to my time machine. I get in my time machine and return home. It seems simple enough.

Perhaps you think this because a time machine cannot exist until it is created. However, if we follow the theory of World Lines, then we see that this time machine already exists in another World Line, and its existence is therefore constant in that timeline and allows the time machine to go to different World Lines, including its own past.

Cave Ab Veritas.

World Lines? That one is new to me. Can you elaborate?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh,

@DarbyAh, thank you for clearing that up for me. I use the term "World Lines" as the idea of two or more universes that, whilst not parallel, have many different outcomes. Like Dexter said, if I had the opportunity to kill Hitler, it would split into 2 different World Lines. These are not, however, parallel, as they have the same beginning (i.e the Big Bang, as compared to, for argument's sake, the object that created the Big Bang never exploding, and, therefore, never creating our Solar System as we know it) and have a somewhat similar timeline. So, then, my idea of "World Lines" is, in fact, the Many Worlds Interpretation?

@bomberman

Oh, I'm going to have fun with this.....

Tell me, what do your records show of when the first time machine was created, by whom, what was their actual intention, where there any Beta forms in which human experiments failed, was it a single person/group who made this time machine, or was it an organisation, and, last of all, what forms of time travel are there in your time?

Cave Ab Veritas.

Oh, nevermind. You explained it already here. Sorry about that. I hadn't scrolled down that far yet. I have a small screen. My mistake.