My visionary experience with Time~Travel

Time02112

Umm, at the very least your EG&G and 'News Flash' posts belonged in a new thread. (And it's 'dyslexic', not 'disflexic' :-)

Ah, what a noble cause you work for, protecting 'national' interests and sheltering the public from their own ignorance. But this poses a question - why do you post to a board whose topic is time travel, if you feel that all breakthroughs must remain secret? Why hint at us, and lead us to 'information' on the topic, if you don't want the secrets revealed? You're a walking paradox. Besides, there are plenty of easier ways to take over the world. Hell, I could built an atomic bomb in my basement.

And, I assume by 'national', 'we', and 'us' you mean the USA, and Americans. You do realize that's not the only country in the world, don't you? Personally I wouldn't want the US gov't to have sole control over time travel any more than any other one group. The only safety with such a 'dangerous' technology is to place it in the hands of the masses.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, at the very least your EG&G and 'News Flash' posts belonged in a new thread. (And it's 'dyslexic', not 'disflexic' :-)

Ah, what a noble cause you work for, protecting 'national' interests and sheltering the public from their own ignorance. But this poses a question - why do you post to a board whose topic is time travel, if you feel that all breakthroughs must remain secret? Why hint at us, and lead us to 'information' on the topic, if you don't want the secrets revealed? You're a walking paradox. Besides, there are plenty of easier ways to take over the world. Hell, I could built an atomic bomb in my basement.

And, I assume by 'national', 'we', and 'us' you mean the USA, and Americans. You do realize that's not the only country in the world, don't you? Personally I wouldn't want the US gov't to have sole control over time travel any more than any other one group. The only safety with such a 'dangerous' technology is to place it in the hands of the masses.

The intended typo in relation to the way I spelled "Dyslexic" *Disflexic, was in itself an intended pun to denote a jested sarcasm.

Janus:] why do you post to a board whose topic is time travel, if you feel that all breakthroughs must remain secret?

Time:] Did I imply that? Hmmmmm, now why would anybody want to do such a thing and spoil all of our fun, by squashing the human spirit of exploring anything outside of the boundaries set forth by our that world leaders?

Moreover, since many of those boundaries are considered a conditional interest of national or "International" security, why should we worry? ...after all is it that

"We the people" need to protect ourselves from a power hungry corrupt GVT, or is it that our Global GVT's needs to protect it's people from themselves?

We all live in a world of double standards, so inasmuch as you perceive me to be "A walking paradox", remember that we are all but a reflection of those double standards that each of us are forced to live by.

Janus:] Why hint at us, and lead us to 'information' on the topic, if you don't want the secrets revealed? You're a walking paradox.

Time:] And what ever gave you the idea that I didn't want the secrets of Time~Travel revealed? did it ever occur to you that I may have a particular agenda, which requires certain aspects of disclosure in order to execute a planned objective?

------------------

"Everything you know,...is Wrong!

soon we shall all discover the truth."

p)'i4q4

<This message has been edited by Time02112 (edited 08 June 2000).>

The intended typo in relation to the way I spelled "Dyslexic" *Disflexic, was in itself an intended pun to denote a jested sarcasm.

Janus:] why do you post to a board whose topic is time travel, if you feel that all breakthroughs must remain secret?

Time:] Did I imply that? Hmmmmm, now why would anybody want to do such a thing and spoil all of our fun, by squashing the human spirit of exploring anything outside of the boundaries set forth by our that world leaders?

Moreover, since many of those boundaries are considered a conditional interest of national or "International" security, why should we worry? ...after all is it that

"We the people" need to protect ourselves from a power hungry corrupt GVT, or is it that our Global GVT's needs to protect it's people from themselves?

We all live in a world of double standards, so inasmuch as you perceive me to be "A walking paradox", remember that we are all but a reflection of those double standards that each of us are forced to live by.

Janus:] Why hint at us, and lead us to 'information' on the topic, if you don't want the secrets revealed? You're a walking paradox.

Time:] And what ever gave you the idea that I didn't want the secrets of Time~Travel revealed? did it ever occur to you that I may have a particular agenda, which requires certain aspects of disclosure in order to execute a planned objective?

------------------

p)'i4q4

<This message has been edited by Time02112 (edited 08 June 2000).>

Did you even read your own post? You said over and over again that the reason that you're keeping time travel technology from the 'rest' of us is that free distribution of it would endanger 'national security' and the like. And now you contradict yourself. First you want total secrecy, then you say it's pointless, then you say you want controlled disclosure of certain information... I think you've covered all the bases on this one.

Did you even read your own post? You said over and over again that the reason that you're keeping time travel technology from the 'rest' of us is that free distribution of it would endanger 'national security' and the like. And now you contradict yourself. First you want total secrecy, then you say it's pointless, then you say you want controlled disclosure of certain information... I think you've covered all the bases on this one.

I heard this a very long "Time" ago, it was burned into a plank of wood for a wall hanging, the foreground image was of a locomotive barreling down the railroad at full throttle ,while blasting out it's black smoke from the coal within it's fuel furnace......

"It's not my job to run the train, it's not my job to blow off steam, it's not my job to ring the bell, but let the damned thing jump the track & see who catches hell!

------------------

p)'i4q4

<This message has been edited by Time02112 (edited 09 June 2000).>

I heard this a very long "Time" ago, it was burned into a plank of wood for a wall hanging, the foreground image was of a locomotive barreling down the railroad at full throttle ,while blasting out it's black smoke from the coal within it's fuel furnace......

"It's not my job to run the train, it's not my job to blow off steam, it's not my job to ring the bell, but let the damned thing jump the track & see who catches hell!

------------------

p)'i4q4

<This message has been edited by Time02112 (edited 09 June 2000).>