Why don't people from the future come to our time?

seivtcho

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me more about this time watching machine. What is it watching?Why are you sure, that the man you met is a time traveler?

So, noone can say, that time travel will work, but also noone can say, that it will not work.

What is the Hawking's "Chronology Protection Conjecture"?

These questions:

how to navigate from A to B in a region of spacetime that is completely hidden from you behind some sort of event horizon. How do you get back? Can you get back? Do you travel in our universe or some other universe? If it's another universe refer to question 1 below - what is the purpose of time travel if the time traveler disappears into another universe?

Can they stop a future time traveler to come to our time?

Rather than trying to explain CPC you can see it for yourself here:

Chronology protection conjecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not a matter of "they" stopping anyone. It's simply a matter of whether or not the full laws of physics allow it.

I guess. The only thing is now you have to explain how there is now a dead and live version of the child in your timeline. And a missing person in the other timeline. Kidnapping is a crime.

I think, that I made it how someone can be taken from our time and be send in the future, without this to make changes of the future, e.g. without this to make the butterfly effect.

First: Before the transfer the relatives of those, that will be taken are aware of his desire to do so, and are given instructions what to do, when the time of the transfer comes.

Second: The time travelers from the future prepare a life - saving aid technology to save the life of the transferred person, and a bio - mass, equal with the mass of the person, who will be transferred.

Third: The time of the transfer is closely to the time of the death of the person, who has to be transferred.

Fourth: The time traveler(s) come while the person is dying.

Fifth: The time traveler(s) take him/her fast, and place the biomass on his/her place.

Sixth: The time traveler(s) in the future resurrect the taken person. He is now in the future. But, since if he come back on his time, the butterfly effect will happen, he is not allowed to come back to his time.

Seventh: The relatives of the taken person, bury the biomass on the same way as they would have buried the death corpse.

Now the person is alive in the future, and no timeline has been disturbed.

The bacteria and the worms will eat out the biomass, not the corpse. For them the genetics of the eaten biomass is not important, because they restructure it into theirs, independent what genetic structure they will eat. The biomass has to be proportional with the biomass of the person, who will be transferred. E.g the same proportion of muscles, bones, fat tissue, skin, hair and horn(nails).

Follows integration of the person in the future society. I guess, that the future law will allow such people to be registered, and to proceed their life legally in the future.

Will this work without the timeline to be changed?

How about if the time traveler is able to send a technologically advanced hologram - of sorts - of him (or her)self through time ? A construct of energy, a "ghost", as it were. IF there are time travelers, they probably would have technology that we have yet to begin to imagine.

They may even be capable of keeping their presence outside our perception.

However, just guessing what a time traveler might be like, as much fun as it may be, still leaves a lot of room for ( almost endless) possibilities. And until we meet ( a real ) one up close and personal, we will never really know for certain.

So... if only a hologram can be send, then perhaps no biological mass can be moved, and nobody can be brought to the future?

Why would an advanced society capable of time traveling have any interest in bringing someone from the past to their time period ? I.E., would Alexander the Great of yesterday be as great today or would he simply be a novelty ?

I don't know. The absence of time travelers today may mean, that they do not have a reason to go to here at all.We may appear quite useless for them ...

Maybe they will need people, if some sort of depopulation happens.E.g. if for some reason children stop to be born ...

You're just not looking in the right place. There is the doppelganger phenomena, where people have duplicates of themselves running around. No known explanation for that. But it could be time travel related. Then there is the dead celebrity phenomena where the celebrity mysteriously comes back alive. And the mysterious change or appearance of objects out of no where, that many people have experienced which may also be related to time travel meddling.

How people look like is determined from their genes, as far as I know. It seems that the number of possible combinations about the face outlook are not this much and many people may have doubles. Here we are not talking about a genetically identical people, but about people, who only have identical, or very similar genes for the outside appearance. Some of the doubles live in one and the same time. For example some(maybe all) presidents have doubles, and it seems, that there are services, which find these doubles and uses them in order to prevent a murder of the real president.

You're just not looking in the right place. There is the doppelganger phenomena, where people have duplicates of themselves running around. No known explanation for that. But it could be time travel related. Then there is the dead celebrity phenomena where the celebrity mysteriously comes back alive. And the mysterious change or appearance of objects out of no where, that many people have experienced which may also be related to time travel meddling.

Dead celebrity phenomena,... interesting. Buildings appearing in fields overnight that were never there before. These types of original version memory capabilities are the types of things that someone on here referred to as "being the 1 in 6 billion Chosen One". But I posit these capabilities may be more common than we imagine, but not for the reasons that first come to mind...

Dead Celebrity Phenomena: IN a time with time machines, there will undoubtedly be a black market time machine racket (likely and predominantly run by the Chinese, the experts at copying the brilliant works of others) where they target wealthy vain people, take them on a ride and get them to sign life extension policies. Certainly the dead celebrity phenomena should occur with less popular, but similarly wealthy people, but media just doesn't cover deaths of people unless the reporting of such has a statistical probability of increasing viewership and thus advertising dollars. Dick Clark, Sade, Sally Ride, the list goes on.

Dead Celebrity Phenomena: IN a time with time machines, there will undoubtedly be a black market time machine racket (likely and predominantly run by the Chinese, the experts at copying the brilliant works of others) where they target wealthy vain people, take them on a ride and get them to sign life extension policies. Certainly the dead celebrity phenomena should occur with less popular, but similarly wealthy people, but media just doesn't cover deaths of people unless the reporting of such has a statistical probability of increasing viewership and thus advertising dollars. Dick Clark, Sade, Sally Ride, the list goes on.

I know the con artist tries to get in on the game. Trying to create as much false information as possible. Your mention of Sade appears to be con artist related.

Sade's obituary - Necropedia

Sade dead 2014 : Singer killed by celebrity death hoax - Mediamass

not at all, but i have at times been accused of worse Einstein. I just threw it out there to see if anyone took a bite (or a stab)

I wasn't accusing you. The only reason I bothered to look is because Sade is one of my favorites.

But take Michael Jackson for instance. There is so much Tom Foolery going on with his reappearance that he could really be back from the dead and no one would believe it. It's like, did the family sponsor the Tom Foolery so they could bring him back?

I wasn't accusing you. The only reason I bothered to look is because Sade is one of my favorites.But take Michael Jackson for instance. There is so much Tom Foolery going on with his reappearance that he could really be back from the dead and no one would believe it. It's like, did the family sponsor the Tom Foolery so they could bring him back?

actually, your posting of Sade's death hoax is the first time I had heard about that internet hoax. Strange. While we're on this topic, let me look and see if there have been similar hoaxes of Dick Clark and Sally Ride. And quick preliminary search results show no instances of death hoaxes for the other 2.

Interesting concept. So, you think, that the people from the future will be destroyed or self - destroyed?

Destroyed, meaning ceasing to exist - i think that is everyone's ultimate fate, isn't it?

I think at some point in the future, people from the past will be given the illegal option of life extension policies, independent of the associated risks. Or perhaps, reoccurences of people that were once dead will be a more easily observable ripple for people with a means to perceive it.

Interesting concept. So, you think, that the people from the future will be destroyed or self - destroyed?

No. I'm saying that the future isn't a tangible place that can be accessed at our leisure. In a sense, people of the future cannot come to the past because they do not exist yet. The only people to truly exist are the people here today.

Moz

What do you mean by "illegal option of life extension policies"

in the same way that it is illegal to personally own a nuclear warhead or a stinger missile, but there are black markets that provide at least some of these to highest bidders, or bidders in the know of the purchase option, I think that some day when time travel becomes a technology available to more than one nation, in the same way that there are many nuclear nations, due to the inherent corruption in some groups, and as well due to the fact that the actual operation of a time travel device may be possible to conceal, (meaning that usage logs could be altered) they will be exploited for profit by greedy elements within the power structures I'm not sure how, but this theory, off the wall and seemingly unfounded as it may seem, is a possible explanation for the "dead celebrity" phenomena. Although, undoing someone's death does seem to induce the grandfather paradox (i.e. Dick Clark dies, but he had already been visited by Future Black Market Life Extension Policy Salesman (we call him the BMLEPS), who took him on a sufficient time-ride to prove to him the validity of the technology, so he paid every penny he had to un-do his death whenever it would happen. So for a time he is dead. Then at a later point in time, hopefully not too much later lest he risk serious divergence occurrences, the BMLEPS travels back to un-do the death event (car accident, plane crash, mugging, whatever), and takes with him some form of irrefutable proof that in the near future said wealthy person dies. THe proof is showed to the supposed to be dead in the near future person to elicit payment, which would be substantial. Irrefutable proof could be a video of said celebrity's funeral with secret conversations recorded without the knowledge of the mourners that reveals something that would only be revealed at a funeral, like the "remember the time when he..." type of stories. SO the wealthy person makes payment, tragedy averted, then the BMLEPS jumps back to the future to a timeline without the dead celebrity, and this is the part I have not yet reconciled...Does the BMLEPS have memory of only the original unaltered timeline (and the death aversion mission) since he skipped the 2nd altered timeline where the celebrity didn't die. He'd have a large payment either in tow in the form of diamonds, or money in the bank account; his boss would be happy, but he'd only remember the timeline he lived through in real time where celebrity died and he went pack to ply his trade, his boss would only remember the new timeline which has a celebrity alive and well and money in his bank account or a fresh delivery of diamonds. It's dirty, illegal, and risky, but if the scientists can figure out how to time travel, then the criminal entities figuring out how to exploit it really ought to be the easy part now, shouldn't it.

In brief, you think, that using a time travel machine will be illiegal as illegal it is to personally own a nuclear warhead. Eventhough, the black market will manage to have an accesss to the time machine and will go back in time and will save from death famous people for profit. The payment for the salvation of the famous man / woman will be made in the form of diamonds, or money in a bank account. Interesting point of view :) It is enough for a science fiction movie :) How do you think? Will the money or the diamonds worth something in the future? I know, that today diamonds, identical with the natural can be grown from graphite. Many curences fall.

The only reason I see that a time traveler would reveal themselves is if they had something to gain. Its in human nature to only do things you get something out of. For most "time travelers" its fame. Its always been since humans became sentient that we have wanted to be remembered. Its the next best thing to living forever. If you really think about it, its corrupt in our society today. Who would come from the future and boast about all this time travel stuff, a real one wouldn't. If they did they would be changing the future. A real time traveler would lurk in the shadows and try their best not to get involved. I think if there are real time travelers they stay behind the scenes, and manipulate the future with very calculated choices.