Before the Big Bang

Irving

I don't think I have a very good relationship with my counter parts in other dimensions. =) We all seem to think on an independent mind set. I'm not sure if I would be able to help my self out in another dimension. For all I know, I could be a famous person or a bum on the corner asking for a hand out. A priest, an atheist. Who knows? Maybe I do, and I just don't know it.

There were times where I've dreamt of seeing a double me, confrontations I've had with a double me. The first time this happened to me was after the military incident on the ship (for those who've read my dream on this would know). And a few others times, in areas and situations, I don't want to say =). But it's far out to consider of the possibilities. Well must go now. Maybe some body should start a thread on this, and see where it goes =).

Laters.

-Javier C.

P.S. How does one make those yellow smiley faces?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Mokrie! I guess your not the only one that can't make the smileys...heheh :)

Javier all you have to do is ...see the key after the L it has two dots : ?

push shift and : and then shift and )

and it automatically converts it over to a smiley. you are using = instead of this :

and therefore it doesnt recognize it.

-pamela :) :) :) :) :) :)

I found out you can only put a max of 15 smileys on one post. :) try it!

Javier..why don't you start a thread on it?

<This message has been edited by pamela (edited 13 July 2000).>

Oct. 8 — Over the past century, physicists have unlocked the secrets behind radio and television, nuclear energy and the power of the sun. Now they're seeking the ultimate prize: a 'theory of everything' that could reveal a bizarre realm of interdimensional wormholes and time warps.

SUCH A THEORY would give us the ability to 'read the mind of God,' says Cambridge cosmologist Stephen Hawking. And in Hawking's opinion, there's a 50-50 chance that someone will discover the Holy Grail of physics within the next 20 years.

It won't be easy, though: The discoverer would have to find the harmony underlying two themes as discordant as light Bach and heavy rock.

On one side is Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity. Einstein saw the large-scale universe as a smooth, curved surface in four dimensions (the three dimensions of space plus time). The gravitational force that binds us to the earth arises from the very structure of that space-time continuum.

On the other side is quantum theory. Beginning in the 1920s, a generation of scientists defined the small-scale universe as a collection of fuzzy phantoms. These subatomic particles couldn't be precisely located in space and time, but their interaction could be described in statistical terms.

SPACE-TIME'S OUT OF JOINT

Both theories are proven successes — but taken together, they're out of joint. The equations that describe the gravitational field are completely different from those for electromagnetism and subatomic interactions.

Moreover, each theory is incomplete by itself. Relativity cannot tell us how the big bang gave rise to the universe as we know it, or what lies within the black holes created by the collapse of massive stars. Quantum theory, meanwhile, only describes an assortment of particles, mathematical constants and equations — without divining the sense and symmetry underlying them all.

For decades, theorists have tried various strategies to roll up the gravitational field and the quantum field into one set of equations. Most of the attempts failed. 'Whenever we tried to calculate numbers from these theories, we would arrive at meaningless infinities,' said theoretical physicist Michio Kaku.

SUPERSTRANGE SUPERSTRINGS

But one bizarre approach is gaining popularity. It turns out that the equations of quantum theory can mesh perfectly with the theory of relativity — if we look at them from the perspective of a 10-dimensional universe.

The concept is called 'superstring theory,' because theoreticians imagine the core components of the universe as tiny loops of string or membranes vibrating in 10 dimensions. Different resonances of the vibrations correspond to different types of particles. Thus, electrons, neutrinos and other elementary particles fit on a grand cosmic scale, just as the notes A, B and C fit on a musical scale.

Kaku says it should come as no surprise that the universe makes more sense in higher dimensions. After all, Einstein made the universe seem more sensible by including time as the fourth dimension.

But if the universe we only dimly understand as having four dimensions really has 10 — where are the other six dimensions? Kaku and his fellow string theorists contend that when the big bang inflated our four dimensions into the universe as we know it, the extra six dimensions collapsed into loops smaller than the smallest observed subatomic particle.

If humans could somehow identify and harness those dimensions, it might become possible to manipulate those interdimensional fields. You could create stable 'wormholes' for rapid transit across the universe. You might even be able to drop into parallel 'quantum universes' that operate under physical laws completely different from our own.

NEEDLE IN A COSMIC HAYSTACK

Exploring such science-fiction possibilities would require resources of science-fiction proportions.

There are millions of possible solutions for the superstring equations — and figuring out the right solution for our universe would be like picking a needle out of a galaxy-sized haystack. Even if the theory turns out to be right, probing the shrunken dimensions would require energies approaching the scale of the big bang — trillions of trillions of times more powerful than a hydrogen bomb.

However, outer space could open a window to the hidden dimensions and at least provide some confirmation of superstring theory. By observing the patterns of particles and antiparticles flying through space, researchers just might find indirect evidence to back up a 'theory of everything.'

This article is based on material from 'Hyperspace' and 'Visions' by Michio Kaku.

Time02112:

"<...> generate a state of matter that existed a millionth of a second after the Big Bang."

Still a big difference from 'recreating' the Big Bang. Tremendously different energies required.

Most of the doomsday predictions about CERN rest on extremely thin statistical improbabilities - the strangelet thing being one example. Do any of you really thing that anyone would make such a machine if there were actually a chance that it would wind up gobbling up all humanity, as well as the local Universe? The 'conspirators' would be annihilated without prejudice.

• 4 weeks later...

A correct unified field theory was formulated by JC Maxwell in 1864. It doesn't get used much, because it actually works. In other words it would change the world IF used. In other words the new science you speak of with such awe and interest is already 'on the books' for anyone who cares to read a few.....(Hi, TREVER).

The only mysteries left are the ones they don't WANT you to know.

Janus,

you remind me of the man I talked to on the phone in charge of the HAARP project.

he reminded me how he had children and wouldnt dare do anything to harm the Earth

or anything like that. but they are still doing those experiments in the upper atmosphere.THINKING everything is ok.

THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

THEY THINK THEY CAN CONTROL EVERYTHING.

but I also read that some of those changes in the upper atmosphere are irreversible.

they wont know what they have done until it is too late. history will repeat itself.

and SOME things cannot be reversed.

We could have the answers starting with the next generation.

Those of us alive today are the Final Generation of humans as we have known since the beginning of mankind. The next generation will be the first Artificial Generation: humans born with genetically altered genes, eating genetically altered foods, and producing genetically altered offspring. They will have different traits.

This New Manknd will have a New Mentality (for better or worse) and will have different perspectives on science, religion, morality, etc -- everything physical, psychic, mental, and noetic.

NoTime,

What makes you suspect that that's how it's going to be? Just because Genetic Engineering exists, does that automatically mean that the whole world is going to get genetically altered (treated)?

No, I don't think so... It's still a long ways before anything that extreme is authorized and legalized. We will be talking about segregation by then. The ones who can afford it (upper class) will be to powerful, smart, and attractive, (perfect) and want to have special treatment (just how they do now :)). While the middle class and those working 40+ hours week jobs, supporting a family will have to settle with good old fashion mother nature :).

The natural way... The way nature intended it to be.

No shortcuts for me. I won't even think of tinkering with my genes. I'm happy just being the way I am :).

Further more, where is your proof that the next generation will want to be genetically altered -Artificial-? I think we will have a choice... Don't you think?

You know, humanity will hold on to some of its ideals and traditions. They won't go out the window just like that because of their next generation. If they do, that would be dumb... Turning your back at your past, your history, what it took for you to get here.

But anyway's, just for the record, I am also opposed to Genetic Engineering :). You would be too, if you do a little Internet research on the pros and con's for it. More con's though :) hehe.

-Javier C.

P.S. I thought this would be funny, since the Democratic Convention is to begin very soon :).

'I invented the internet' Al Gore…

Man, he's so dull ;). He put me to sleep the last time he spoke.

TTActivist:

I'm not necessarily pro or con on genetic engineering, but the transition will escalate when the UN, national governments, multinational medical corporations, etc. proliferate it world wide. It will spread quite rapidly in the todays world.

There will be one or two Transitional Generations to observe the positive and/or negative impacts on society. We will then get an idea of where we are going as a specie and where we will no longer be able to go. The possibilities are as varied as the number of permutations in DNA. It can not be reversed.

to travel you have to move relative to somthing,if you were surounded by truely nothing there would be no beginning and end to your journey,i dont believe the universe has ever been totally empty....but punctuated with pockets of energy...so yes you could travel between them.

NoTime,

Do you have any proof to support your speculation?

I make sure I always do when I make large assumpstions like that :).

-J.C.

P.S. What's the deal with all these unregistraded users? I think we should always be suspicious of who shifts are attention to what. Especially if we don't know who they are just yet.

TTA:

It is just, like you stated, speculation. How can one prove what one speculates is going to happen in the future?

It's a scenario that seems to be unfolding and gaining momemtum. What do you see as the future in regards to genetic engineering? Your speculations are as valid as anyone elses. My speculations are no more valis than anyone elses.

Maybe what actually happens will be much worse, unfortunately.

PS: This site has had registered and unregistered posters for years.

i created a web site with a view to making money,but got bored with it however theres a picture of me on the first page my site url is http://www.homestead.com/kangar/kanga1.html i dont have my own pc at the moment because i through it into the garden during a fit of pc rage im a security guard using one of 2 pcs set up on the net that they let anybody use,the pays ok the office building very neat and i have the key to the choclate machince the coffes great , im in fleet, southern england my farther had a keen interest in the exploits of nasa he has a bit of memrabelia such as signed copys of photographs of several astronauts ,he taught me the basic ideas about the universe and we had several debates on different subjects i maintained a latent interest in the subject and here i am debating them...feel any safer??

i created a web site with a view to making money,but got bored with it however theres a picture of me on the first page my site url is http://www.homestead.com/kangar/kanga1.html i dont have my own pc at the moment because i through it into the garden during a fit of pc rage im a security guard using one of 2 pcs set up on the net that they let anybody use,the pays ok the office building very neat and i have the key to the choclate machince the coffes great , im in fleet, southern england my farther had a keen interest in the exploits of nasa he has a bit of memrabelia such as signed copys of photographs of several astronauts ,he taught me the basic ideas about the universe and we had several debates on different subjects i maintained a latent interest in the subject and here i am debating them...feel any safer??

TTA:

The scenario I presented seems to have had a big effect on you. It's one of many possible futures, none of which can be proven in advance. Accept all or part of it, or reject all or part of it, as you see fit. But please don't criticize anyone for speculating or offering ideas, because that's what sites like this are all about -- the sharing of ideas.

The biotech industry is growing rapidly. Cloning has gone past the experimental phase. Genetically altered foods are here now. Countless billions are being spent on genetic engineering now with more to come.

The scenario I described has already started. No one knows in which direction it is headed because there is no one entity governing or directing it. Do you disagree?

NoTime,

I'm not criticizing you. I'm just trying to make you aware that there are 2 kinds of speculation. There's the kind that are just ideas and have no real subtle hints to the possibility of occurring. Or the kind where you actually have some kind of proof to point to the 'what if's' and 'because… this is so… therefore'… And so on.

That is what I asked you for, and that is what I am now getting from you.

Simple, RIGHT?

Thanks...

-Javier C.

P.S. Where do you stand on the issue of Genetic Engineering in general? Are you pro, or are you con?

i dont really think that our brightest minds are activily trying to produce dangerous food ,but if their capable of producing tons of chemical weapons & tons of nuclear waste that will be dangerous for 10,000 years then the possibility that a society driven by profit may not show as much caution as it should.

i dont really think that our brightest minds are activily trying to produce dangerous food ,but if their capable of producing tons of chemical weapons & tons of nuclear waste that will be dangerous for 10,000 years then the possibility that a society driven by profit may not show as much caution as it should.

TTA:

As I previously stated, at this point I'm am neither pro nor con on genetic engineering. It's happening regardless of what I, or you, think about it. It's happening with no proof.

Genetic engineering will potentially have a profound impact on humanity, both positive and negative. They will do the engineering first and the proof will follow -- not the other way around.

Exactly what part of the scanario do you disagree with?