Before the Big Bang

Irving

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TREVOR

unregistered posted 07 August 2000 23:27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i created a web site with a view to making money,but got bored with it however theres a picture of me on the first page my site url is http://www.homestead.com/kangar/kanga1.html i dont have my own pc at the moment because i through it into the garden during a fit of pc rage im a security guard using one of 2 pcs set up on the net that they let anybody use,the pays ok the office building very neat and i have the key to the choclate machince the coffes great , im in fleet, southern england my farther had a keen interest in the exploits of nasa he has a bit of memrabelia such as signed copys of photographs of several astronauts ,he taught me the basic ideas about the universe and we had several debates on different subjects i maintained a latent interest in the subject and here i am debating them...feel any safer??

IP: Logged

TREVOR

unregistered posted 07 August 2000 23:31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps leave a message on the guest book at the bottom of the page just click on it

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

TREVOR, you seem like a very interesting person, and perhaps a good canidate for membership with "T.A.P.-T.E.N." although I have went to your website, and "signed your guestbook" your email address there does not seem to work, I have made two attempts to contact you, both of which were returned because the address given, is seemingly "unrecognizable" by our email delivery system here in the USA, so if you do have another, and happen to drop by here again, would you be so kind as to give me an alternative email addy?

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 14:51:02 -0700

Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: armykit.com: host not

found)

To: [email protected]

The original message was received at Thu, 10 Aug 2000 14:51:02 -0700

from [email protected]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

[email protected]

----- Transcript of session follows -----

550 [email protected]... Host unknown (Name server: armykit.com: host not found)

• 8 years later...
Before the Big Bang

Parallel universes - leave one bubble, emerge in another most closely approximated?

Where the shadow between the two become reality...interesting.

If scientists don't think the laws of physics may be the same in others, through possibility, and such a bizarre circumstance, find oneself in one reversed?

Who knows? 'but why limit the 'possibility'?

I guess to simplify any real 'possibility' in that context, one 'if' thinking in that train of thought would then after acceptance of that as a tangible, would then have to decide if that means 'every' possible universe was indeed created by a 'big bang' and if all of these infinite possibilities occur on the 'same' time line.

If time lines apply in the same applicable manner, or if that's the whole idea - they don't.

Time has alot to do with physics apparently and it's already been stated (at least in what I referenced) that this changes.

That was a pretty good hypothetical answer for me when I looked into it.

I'm intrigued, any thoughts on that wild zany stuff above? ^^

Can you affirm with solid arguments this affirmation:

If we travel back in time we couldn't travel before the big bang.

Dont forget tell me why.

Put your minds to work

Remember, put your minds to work.

That would only be true if time is completely connected to how our present universe works. Also, the uncertainly principle should by all means fit into this somewhere along with a host of other physics. The fact that our universe even exist at all is part of the uncertainly principle. With all the talk of time travel to parallel timelines or universes what ever you want to call them if there is a possibility that those exist then it should be possible to travel back before the big bang.

The universes were created by a virus much like the influenza virus

This is really a great idea--wherever it springs from. Sounds like the basis for a sci-fi novel.

Intelligent design--but not the intelligent design of a hypothetical entity name "God" but as part of the functioning of marginally intelligent life forms. Given enough time--and there is that in the universe--even marginal intelligence can learn to be smart.

Our current view is that of mindless 'things' which are atoms, fundamental particles, etc., interacting by 'forces' to create physical existence. I like the idea that it is more like an infection than like a pin ball machine. :D

If we are organic beings subjected to laws of governance of this 'universe', and we assume the 'big bang' was the origination, then time in that context should only be applicable to 'us', for if possibility of creation under these circumstances hold true, then wouldn't one think it would hold true for a place that has similar governances in theory?

I'm taking it 'time' is being used for it's reference to measurement? Then to sum up the above, would we not be assuming 'the big bang' as the direct alpha of this measurement?

So if in prior to the 'beginning' of a scale, we would then even if similar conditions were found - 'similar' would indicate even then a new terminology be indicated?, for the proposed unexplored measurement? (not proposed by me, proposed in the hypothetical sense used in the above posts which I'm speculating on).

After all in this context, 'similar' is still a deviation from something used as a main reference.

Could all be fictional, of that I'm aware, but does this make sense using a 'logic train' of deduction?

If time and space are truly infinite, then our existence from start to finish could never be observed by an outsider, if the big bang was the START of ALL time then time will some day end with no trace of any of our existence to any outsider, this would make time and space irrelevant to its own existence.

If, as is believed, the sum total of all the positive and negative energy in the universe is zero........then we're basically the physical manifestation of a mathematical quirk, and on the grand scale of things the sum is still zero and technically we don't exist !

The universe is basically a neat little trick for creating something out of nothing.

Then Rainmantime + Rainman2 = 0

LOLOL!!!

You are not going to believe me but this was the funniest thing. I was thru here earlier and someone with the user name of Rainmain2 had posted after Recall and had a avaitor of Bush with a long beard wearing a turbin. I guess the mod did not appreciate that because it appears the post has been deleted. I just thought I would share that with everyone since I saw the Rainmantime + Rainman2 = 0. It was pretty funny.

You are not going to believe me but this was the funniest thing. I was thru here earlier and someone with the user name of Rainmain2 had posted after Recall and had a avaitor of Bush with a long beard wearing a turbin. I guess the mod did not appreciate that because it appears the post has been deleted. I just thought I would share that with everyone since I saw the Rainmantime + Rainman2 = 0. It was pretty funny.

I believe !!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

looks here...

If time and space are truly infinite, then our existence from start to finish could never be observed by an outsider, if the big bang was the START of ALL time then time will some day end with no trace of any of our existence to any outsider, this would make time and space irrelevant to its own existence.

It has been said by a real scientist. No not the people here. That space-time our universe is like a round ball. Take off and go in one direction and you will eventually come around to the other side. So, if space is like that it only stands to reason time is like that since space-time can trade places. So if one can time travel eventually that person would come back to the time that person left whether or not that person is going forward or backwards in time. And if the universe is expanding or contracting then it might stand to reason the size of the universe has some kind of mathematical relation to how much time can pass in the universe. Another one of my more interesting observations.

I was thru here earlier and someone with the user name of Rainmain2 had posted after Recall and had a avaitor of Bush with a long beard wearing a turbin

I saw that, but I didn't think of taking it to be Bush. But then, all of the Ayatollah's look the same to me. I rather think that Buck (Don't judge a Buck by his cover) actually follows Islam. I don't think they joke around with religion in that sense.

If you want to joke, stick to the Christians.

I'd like to see an avatar of Sarah Palin ascending toward a UFO,entitled "THE RAPTURE," though. :D

I saw that, but I didn't think of taking it to be Bush. But then, all of the Ayatollah's look the same to me. I rather think that Buck (Don't judge a Buck by his cover) actually follows Islam. I don't think they joke around with religion in that sense.

If you want to joke, stick to the Christians.

Some of Bucks post seem to go back and forth. I hope he does not take this personaly but I don,t think he was Islamic. I think he was just faking it like some of the time travelers that come thru here do. Basicly he was full of BS and playing around. He said he was getting called names but did not seem to know what it ment that he was called. If he was Islamic he would of known.

It has been said by a real scientist. No not the people here. That space-time our universe is like a round ball. Take off and go in one direction and you will eventually come around to the other side.

No, the latest WMAP observation show that on the large scale space is not curved but totally flat. This means that either the universe is very, very big ( much larger than the observable universe )..or it is infinite. Either way, you would never arrive back where you started.

I'm of the personal belief that there was a universe or universes in place before our specific big bang. The space still existed, so if time travel is possible, I would say sure, you should be able to time travel to before the big bang and you would find yourself in the previous universe that occupied this space.

And one thing no one brings up to my knowledge about time travel is this, since we're on the earth which is moving through space, to travel back in time to any date where the earth is in a different spacial position wouldn't that leave the time traveler out in space?

And one thing no one brings up to my knowledge about time travel is this, since we're on the earth which is moving through space, to travel back in time to any date where the earth is in a different spacial position wouldn't that leave the time traveler out in space?

That's a very old idea. It's like saying that driving a car forward on earth will result in you being hurled into space because you're moving horizontal to the earth's surface. People don't think about time travel being a quick but continuous change. People are so impatient, they want everything to be instantaneous! :)