Paradoxes

TimeTraveler23

What do you think will happen if time travel is created and a paradox arrises?

Will a multiverse be created?

What do you think will happen?

"Everything is impossible, until it is not!" :D

Paradoxes

What do you think will happen if time travel is created and a paradox arrises?

Will a multiverse be created?

Will the entire universe blow up?

Will history change to fit the event?

Or something different

:D :D :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is what i believe about paradox's...

if we were to do something that should create one, somehow it would work out.

the reason i say this is that assuming time travel is possible, then thats the way the universe was made, so that we could travel through time, and it would simply just open a whole new world of science to us if we managed it. A bit like in the past with ships thinking they would fall off the end of the earth if they reached the horizon, they would of had surverys asking:

what would happen if we reach the horizon, would we

a) fall off the world and die

b) find that theres nothing special about going to the end, or

C) find something completly strange and mind boggling?

we seem to believe that we could destroy all logic by going back in time, but the truth is probably much more logical than anyones ever thought.

"what is the other option "

Multiverses do exist. You can go to the past by creating a path between the present and the past of another worldline. Whatever you do in that worldline will not affect yours.

Yes, this is from John Titor. A lot of people want to ignore his ideas just because he gave "Negative information" about the future and US.

His method is sensible. This path can be created by creating a "Donut" shaped singularity. The path will be through the hole of the "donut" shaped singularity.

I live in my own paradox...

and only if I chose the same path I set before.

First I have to realize what path I took and realize that I want to change it...

Now I now some things will happen the same way, but this time around my life will, is going to be different, but was the same.

I am mentioned.........

in reply to:

we seem to believe that we could destroy all logic by going back in time, but the truth is probably much more logical than anyones ever thought.

i must agree. It seems to me that most of the universe runs in a logical manner. Our task is to discover the how and whys of it. The answers are there, they are just waiting for us to find them. or am i being too optimistic?

no ur not it cant be created if it cant exist................a very wise man once said everything that will be created is already created well we just need to harness the form but the basics and foundations are all out there .......so i dont think this is too far off

"Everything is impossible, until it is not!"

One thing that may be possible is that you might be able to travel forwards and backwards in time, but maybe there is some thing that records all the movements in time so you cannot actually alter history or the future only mirror the entire universe with the changes you have made to it.

On earth everything goes through a cycle from beginning to end but maybe there is something that records everything on another level that is not imaginable to the human brain. It could record everthing that we do including manipulating time and any conflicts may just explode out into a parallel universe.

Think about it on a pc if there is a conflict between two files that share the same name then one or the other has to exist but if you change the name slightly then 2 files of the same content can exist on the pc.

The universe may have a simple way of dealing with a conflict that just results in a parallel universe. The question i would like to know is whats the thing on the outside of the universe (or universes) that surrounds it.

• 3 weeks later...

Heres the paradox "all of the above" could possibly happen. You the time traveler go to change history in some way in the name of the greater good for all. Doing so spawns an alternate universe with the desired effect, Which sends ripples throught out our own which out of sheer random action causes your desired effect in your own universe just with no interference from the traveler. But the process of that cascade changes the events in the orgin universe from the beginning onward including the ones that brought the time traveler into existance to begin with not saying necessarily dead just not traveling time. In effect the origional time traveler from this universe becomes the infinite fuel souce for the big bang that spawns the alternate via quantam event both universes still exist with the desired change the origional one is changed "anihlated" by the cascade and everyones better off without the meddeling of someone with a high opinion of themselves thinking they need to interfere in cosmic affairs in the 1st place. Therefore the universe righting itself by sacrifcing the change the traveler made with the traveler himself which would fall under "something else" lol. :D

P.S. not saying that this is what would happen just thinking of a worse case scenairo

• 1 month later...

Hi, Im new here.

Here is what I think would happen. I think there are two possibilities: a) There is only one timeline. b) There are multiple, yet finite, timelines. Multiverse.

a) In the "one timeline" scenero I think the mere possibility of a paradox would prevent time travel from being possible. The grandfather paradox is an extreme example of this. But there are millions of very small, yet similer paradoxes that would simply prevent time travel from being possible. For one thing you would not be able to travel back in time to a point before a "time machine" was invented.

b) In the multiverse scenero you could travel back in time, but a new timeline would be created from the moment you arrived in the past. In the original timeline, time would extend from the past to point A, the moment in time in which the time traveler will arrive from the future. Lets say 1990. It will continue to the point in time when the TT will leave for the past. Lets say 2000. During this A-B segment of the timeline no changes have been made, it is the original, unaltered timeline. The moment the TT leaves point B that timeline ends, it cannot continue, because the moment the TT arrives at point A history is changed by his mere presence. Point A is now renamed point C in this new alternate C-D timeline, with point D being the same point in time as point B. If at point D the TT can and does return to point C with the same intentions, the timeline is able to continue.

If at point D the TT is unable, or has no reason to return to point C, then an infinity loop is created. Time goes back to the original A-B timeline, with the TT returning to C-D timeline and then back to the A-B timeline, and so on. This results in the end of time for everybody. Time cannot pass beyond point B or point D in either timeline.

This is why I believe a TT cannot return to the past with the intent of changing anything. If the TT changes what he intends on changing, then he will have no reason to return to the past at point D. Resulting in an infinity loop.

There is alot more to it going on in my brain, and I have a hard time conveying my thoughts on paper, so I hope this makes sence.

Opinions, questions