Could you love an android adult?

PaulaJedi

@_Oz

So, if androids can be self aware, then people could fall in love with them.

I read or saw a video about the fact that humans want to mate with androids. (Not meaning to offend. We all know about the sex robots being developed). Is it because they are perfect? Do our instincts tell us that androids mean the human race can survive, even if it is in robot form? (Heck, would they even be called humans at that point)? Of course, we cannot reproduce with them, but our biology doesn't seem to care. The mating instinct is strong in mammals.

Perhaps closer than we are, but they are far from perfect. That's one of the beauties of intelligence.

I'm all for future children integrating with AI so long as they understand what it comes with.

-Oz

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Androids need to have a realistic human appearance that is indistinguishable from humans, in order for us to accept them as equal mates. Robots that almost look human but seem to be off kilter in some way, incite a creepy feeling referred to as the uncanny valley...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEikGKDVsCc

Androids also need to be as smart as us and develop their own unique personality in order to engender love from humans. It becomes a matter of scale. They need to shrink all of the computational infrastructure required for robotic intelligence down to the size required for all the neural connections of a human brain. Then they need to make a reasonable facsimile of human appearance that will eventually be indistinguishable from real human appearance...

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190130-a-japanese-company-is-making-eerily-hyper-realistic-masks

headz.thumb.PNG.9ec7bc6eee286abf2b7380683a31b72e.PNG

robots1.png.c63b2a123e547f11e4e7acd083e29718.png

• Like 1

las, post: 95349, member: 2506"]

An android you say? Well, I love my Kindle. I don't know what I would do to an Android... :love::devilish::love:

Well, a few years ago Creedo stated that I wanted one because I'm talking about it. Sheesh. I talk about the devil, but it doesn't mean I want to deal with him!

The topic fascinates me. Could I have a manufactured best friend? If our consciousness and subconsciousness doesn't know the difference, these androids could prove to be very therapeutic.

This topic reminds me of the awesome movie “Her” by Spike Jonze. A man falls in love with his AI operating system and the relationship unfolds in beautiful ways. The mental aspect being the significance in connection, even though the physical part requires more creativity. Does something like that seem plausible? I think yes. Thought provoking subject...

• Like 1

Well, a few years ago Creedo stated that I wanted one because I'm talking about it. Sheesh. I talk about the devil, but it doesn't mean I want to deal with him!

The topic fascinates me. Could I have a manufactured best friend? If our consciousness and subconsciousness doesn't know the difference, these androids could prove to be very therapeutic.

What I was trying to say is that I would easily fall in love with an android. I love a much less complicated device already!

• Like 1