What are Pym Particles suppose to be if they were necessary for time travel?

sergiuspaulus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as I'm aware the only thing "real" about them currently is that they're classified as subatomic particles. The properties that they have are fiction as far as Im aware. If such particles were real, they would have extremely clear matter manipulation properties like shrinking or enlarging objects or organisms with frightening accuracy and no damage to them. So no physics supporting them as of now.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Cosmo1598825723 said:

I thought Pym Particles were from Ant Man?

Yep, but I think he asked cuz they recently used them in an Avengers movie to travel into the past. I don't know how size alteration particles has to do with time travel tho, maybe something to do with being small enough to go through a singularity?

7 minutes ago, Calc said:

Yep, but I think he asked cuz they recently used them in an Avengers movie to travel into the past. I don't know how size alteration particles has to do with time travel tho, maybe something to do with being small enough to go through a singularity?

Oh duh. I read the OP as "Ender's Game". 

14 minutes ago, Alamo127 said:

The technology of warping space-time of ant-man, I think, should be able to time travel making an Alcubierre drive.

I've heard of the theory, but didn't know it was named that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

The Alcubierre drive, Alcubierre warp drive, or Alcubierre metric (referring to metric tensor) is a speculative idea based on a solution of Einstein's field equations in general relativity as proposed by theoretical physicist Miguel Alcubierre, by which a spacecraft could achieve apparent faster-than-light travel if a configurable energy-density field lower than that of vacuum (that is, negative mass) could be created.

Rather than exceeding the speed of light within a local reference frame, a spacecraft would traverse distances by contracting space in front of it and expanding space behind it, resulting in effective faster-than-light travel. Objects cannot accelerate to the speed of light within normal spacetime; instead, the Alcubierre drive shifts space around an object so that the object would arrive at its destination faster than light would in normal space without breaking any physical laws.

image.png