Last Day of the Time War

_Oz

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, _Oz said:

When I was much younger I would make all kinds of different music, but saved almost nothing. This one I kept throughout the years, even though it's unfinished.
I called this one The Last Day; where I tried to capture the mood from the end of the first Time War. Maybe this would resonate with someone out there!
-Oz

The Last Day.mp3 2.34 MB · 0 downloads

Oz, that's nice. Did you use just software or do you play the keyboard?

On 7/19/2020 at 4:36 AM, Calc said:

I'll give it a listen. What type of music was popular during the time?

I'm a fan of classical / theatrical personally, but Y2K Retrosynth was the big thing in my time. 

23 hours ago, Inferno said:

As a musician, I love to hear other people's music. It's a nice composition even though it's incomplete. I'm wondering if you know any music theory or if you just made it by ear.

I just play by ear, but I could probably benefit from some musical theory. Part of why I never finish songs is because I can't translate the music from my head right. 

-Oz

• Like 2

3 hours ago, _Oz said:

I just play by ear, but I could probably benefit from some musical theory. Part of why I never finish songs is because I can't translate the music from my head right. 

If you ever get into making music again I would recommend learning some theory. It's actually much simpler than people make it out to be.

3 hours ago, _Oz said:

I'm a fan of classical / theatrical personally, but Y2K Retrosynth was the big thing in my time. 

Classical is very underappreciated by a lot people in this time. But as they say, great music never dies.

5 hours ago, Calc said:

Great taste! Im intrigued by Y2K Retrosynth, do you have any so we can listen?

I don't, but below is some chill/synth/retrowave music. Can imagine it being like this except with late 90's - early 00's music. A lot of Smashmouth & Linkin Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMwO5T3yT4

-Oz

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 9:45 AM, PaulaJedi said:

Maybe this would resonate with someone out there!

As "TimeLordME," I very much appreciate the "last day feel". The violins were amazing and the best part, and at one point it sounded backwards like a"backmasking" violin! Which gave me a momentary sensation of the reversal of time which was super cool and unexpected! Very good stuff! It is titled well and set the stage perfectly. I nicknamed myself TimelordME on Reddit years ago, just because I loved Dr. Who!  It wasn't until years later someone pointed out that "as a historian of another Timeline," and perhaps the only one in this timeline, I was a type of "TimeLord from a parallel reality"  The ME in TimelordME stood for Mandela Effect....which is of course what I find so easily here!  It was great, I would love to hear some more of your compositions! If you have any to share?